How to use command line switches | HowTo-Outlook

Wednesday, July 8, 2009


Outlook 2003 in a number of new command line switch can be very convenient for troubleshooting. The following list is from the Outlook 2003 Help files.

The use of switches in accordance with the following instructions:

1. Search the Microsoft Outlook executable file Outlook.exe, and make a note of the path to Outlook.exe. For example, the path by default in Outlook 2003;
รง: \ Program Files files \ Microsoft Office \ Office11 \ the Outlook.exe.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type the full path in step 1, including the file name. Press the space bar again, and then type a forward slash mark (/), followed by switch.For For example, if you want to use CleanReminders switch, you type the command in the Open box should look as follows:
The "C: \ Program Files files \ Microsoft Office \ Office11 \ the Outlook.exe" / Cleanreminders
Note: If the path contains spaces must be included in quotation marks ( "), and case-sensitive.
4. Run this command, click OK.

You can also create a shortcut, including one or more switches, so you can automate tasks or to start Outlook in a folder, such as calendar

1. Click the Start button, then click Search to find the Outlook executable file Outlook.exe. For example, the path by default in Outlook 2003;
2. Right-click Outlook.exe, and then on the shortcut menu point to Send to, and then click Desktop (create shortcut).
3. Close Search Results dialog box, and then transferred to the desktop.
4. Right-click the shortcut you just created, from the shortcut menu click Properties.
5. In the Shortcut tab, find the goal box. It contains the path to the Outlook.exe.
6. Press the space bar once, enter a space after the path, and then type / select Outlook: Calendar
7. Click OK.
8. On the desktop, double-click the Outlook that you create a shortcut.

To create a shortcut to create a new information in accordance with the above instructions, but the input / select Outlook: Calendar use / C ipm.note. You can also drag and drop the shortcut to your Quick Launch taskbar toolbar that allows you to easily create a new Outlook information without having to first.

Source :- http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/commandlineswitches.htm

2 comments:

Mike February 11, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

I am a Microsoft Outlook user. Some time I face problem with my Outlook, I am unable to open it or it may give me an

error message. Some time I lost my all the outlook contacts. I am aware that there are many Outlook PST Repair tools available in the market. But even

repairing our pst file by the software we lost some emails or contacts etc. I remember, in past I had some problem

in my Outlook, I purchased on repair software, however it just recovered some emails. I lost many emails folder from

my outlook, then I purchased one more software but still I lost many important contacts.

Alexis March 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

I have a lot of friends and once one of them called me up and told me about his problem. As he said he had a damaged emails. I advised him - ost recovery tool. And yesterday he thanked me a lot and presented me a box of chocolate)). The tool showed me how it converted all information from Microsoft Exchange (files with the .ost extension) into files of the Microsoft Outlook mail client (.pst files) - OstToPst procedure.

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP